Dream Images and Symbols by Kevin J. Todeschi
- This book is a fabulous go to book on symbolism. I use it on almost a daily basis to help interpret dreams, signs, or intuitive flashes. The depth and variety of definitions helps clarify but also helps to think of things with a wider perspective. Often when I’m reading a definition that doesn’t seem accurate, something in the writing will trigger the message I am intended to receive.
Animal Symbolism and Totems
Animal Speak by Ted Andrews
- A must have on your juju shelf if you feel a strong connection to animal energies.
Animal-Wise by Ted Andrews
- More animal information regarding animals not covered in the first book. The format is a bit different but still a useful reference.
Pocket Guide to Spirit Animals by Steven Farmer
- Very handy, smaller book with more concise definitions. Several possible interpretations are given for each animal. I believe most of the animals listed in the original full size version, Animal Spirit Guides, are included in this edition.
Mind-Body Connection Books
You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay
- If you’re on this site and reading this list, chances are fairly good you know this book. It would just feel wrong on some level not to include this incredible reference for body/mind/spirit health.
The Secret Language of Your Body by Inna Segal
- This is another book I reference often. The depth of information and accuracy is astounding at times.